Telephone Advice Line
Our telephone advice line is available Monday to Friday from 09:00 – 11:00.
The service is run by our practice nurses and our pharmacist. You will be asked if you can leave a contact number and give brief details about the nature of the problem so that the most appropriate member of the team calls you back.
What can I use the telephone advice line for?
- Advice about managing minor illnesses such as coughs, colds, sore throats, vomiting and diarrhoea, flu like symptoms, childhood illness, allergies etc
- Advice about medication - your medication review can be conducted over the phone in some circumstances.
- Renewing sick notes/ issuing fit notes - If you are requesting a NEW sick note you will need to see the GP. (REMEMBER - You can self certify for the first 7 days of an illness, ask your employer for a form)
- Discuss test results
- All requests to speak to a doctor are processed through our triage team, if we cannot resolve your problem and you need to speak to a specific doctor we will try and arrange this for you.
- All our requests for home visits are processed through the triage doctor.
NB: If we feel it is not possible to resolve your problem over the phone we will advise you on any further course of action and arrange an appointment if necessary.